Oh poor you!
So sorry about the poison oak.
The best remedy as far as I know, is a Homeopathic Remedy called Rhus Tox. Take 30c potentcy upon waking, and one hour before each meal. At least three times a day. Oh MY
Please do not break the blisters or use a belt sander to scratch , it will only hurt.
Rhus Tox is a wonderful proventative measure to hopefully assure you wont get this again. The first sign of warm weather take 1m potency ( you must purchase that potency, cant take 30 of the 30's, in Homeopathic Medicine 30c is 30 c no matter how many you swallow ) in the AM for two days. It helps most folks keep the blisters away all summer. A doctor ( chiros too ) can order the 1m potency on line.
Another product to have on hand is oatmeal. Please use regular not instant. Cook the oatmeal and let it cool. Apply as a thick paste to the affected area. This will give some relief.
Unfortunately once youve got it, youve got it.
If you are out and about and feel youve touched a poisonous plant, please use a hand sanitizer product immediately on the area. This will wash away the oils that will cause the rash. I carry one when I'm hiking.
There is also a Plant called Jewel Weed, it usually grows in the same area as the poisonous plant. Crush the leaves and rub them on the affected area. Really works, but identifying the plant is difficult as it looks like many other plants.
Mugwart is also a good remedy for plant poisons, it is made into soap by natural soap cos, also easily found on the net. Please, please do not eat the plant, that was a funny one. You could become very ill.
Good Luck Kel
The photos of your trip were lovely.
I am so sorry that you dont feel well.
Never take this womans advice on anything, she is a quack.