Linda Goodman Forums at ConsciousEvolution.com
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#9431 - 03/14/00 12:13 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: kelly _fish]
Veneo Offline

Archangel

Loc: Kentucky, USA
WOW Spica!!

That was amazing (I've said this before, haven't I?)!!! I'm still digesting it all, and will give you more feedback when I have time to read it again & really sit down and properly respond. I'll tell you more about my relationship with Tom, & what the medium said about our past lives together (I actually detailed it on another thread a while ago - it was "help me please" authored by me if you want to check it out). I have no false hopes about he & I getting back together even if he wasn't still with the same woman!!! We're too different...he's still the same adolescent I met 17 years ago, and does not think about spirituality at all! To him life's about partying, lifting weights, riding his motorcycle & seeing how many more tatoo's he can cover himself with! I can't even imagine what I was thinking to stay with him as long as I did?!? I do know the answer to this, but will get into that later...

I couldn't pull one over on you about my North Node love interest being Dave, huh? You're to clever for that (espically with that Gemini rising)! We're dating again, and actually things are better, he seems to be trying harder, and I'm trying to give him his space & not crowd him. I didn't notice the North Node thing until I was checking out Tommy's chart, & didn't want to mention it was Dave since you didn't see much hope there. But forwarned is forarmed & I know what to be aware of, and will look out for those psychological games. He did manage to be married for 7 years...interesting thing is that his ex-wife is the opposite of me - Sun in Pisces, Moon in Sag. (he married someone who's Sun conj his Venus & so did I!). I wish I knew his birthtime, would this change your opinion about things in our charts, based on what his Asc is, degree of his moon, angles & what houses things are in? I guess it could make things better or worse, huh?

I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me by doing this!!! I'm going to print it & keep it for a reference...espically the stuff relating to Tommy so that I can be a better Mother to him (not that I'm bad, but the more information you have about your child the better!). Trying to convey this to his father is another story...I have to figure out how to approach this & make these suggestions to Tom. He would never digest them if he knew where I came to my understanding of things!!!

I'll give you more feedback tomorrow sometime! Again...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

------------------
Love and Light,
Kelly

rose INFINITE LOVE rose is the only truth and everything else is Illusion... wizard

#9432 - 03/14/00 01:42 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Virgo Gemini rising]
artifax Offline
Friend

Hello, Hello Cobwebsoul

So nice to hear from you!! I can totally understand the busy-ness factor...I have three exams tomorrow, all in row!! But I am trying to remain calm and unfortunately I can't concentrate to study as much as I would like to. It's like I am just ready for the end of the quarter to come already...and if I'm not prepared now, well there's really nothing I can do Actually, I'm lying...I am studying quite a bit but I just keep thinking about the break. I am supposed to be going to visit one of my friends for a week in Pennsylvania, so I am excited. A nice release from my current surroundings. And it is sooo beautiful out where he lives...a nice rustic college town right near the Appalachians.

I am so glad you found a house...I wish I could say the same. I am still homeless come August...right around my birthday. I must say that I hate the fact that my birthday is at the end of summer. When I was younger it always signified that school would be starting soon, and now I have to worry about moving every year right when my birthday rolls around. One word...*bleugh* (BTW, you crack me up!)

So how are things in your world?? I hope you are well!! Spring is in the air...though here in the states the weather keeps going back and forth, warm and cold, nice then gloomy. I wish it just make up its mind! But soon enough it will be nice weather everyday and you know, Spring is the season for miracles...so, in the words of Linda herself:

EXPECT A MIRACLE

Wishing you sunny days,
~artifax~

#9433 - 03/14/00 10:39 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: artifax]
LeeNy Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Well, hello, everyone.
*hugs to Cobwebsoul..*
It's been a while since I came around to say hi, so here I am...

Btw, Ben wrote and told me to forget it, that he loved me, but wasn't IN love with me...so, blah, I'm in a new place now, and I am just going to plow forward despite the fact that I feel stupid, which is my biggest peeve...

Hey, Spica, how are you?
You're such a helpful one... I put another question to the Ask the Astrologer message board. If you have the time and the energy, I'd love your input. (Connecting Aspects)
That, and Pluto is conjuncting my Neptune and opposing my Moon...retrograde... I'm just hoping I can get my feet on the ground with this new life I've started - new job, new friends (and old, good ones), new city... life just never ceases to be an adventure, does it?

Hope this message finds everyone well, with special prayers and love sent to you all.

-LeeNy

#9434 - 03/15/00 04:52 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: LeeNy]
Mermaid Offline
Afficionado

Loc: Hampshire, UK
Hello Spica and others

Spica, I read your words with interest and certainly learned a lot about astrology from what you said. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

By the way I do not have Saturn squaring my Venus at the moment as my Venus is only just in Aquarius, this has already happened. However, as well as the Pluto conjunct Moon Uranus has just come into conjunction with my Mercury in the fifth house! I don't know if this is a normal effect but already two people unexpectedly told me their 'true feelings' for me, unasked. I wonder if I can expect more of this? (Neither of them were my ex by the way.)

You will be pleased to hear I am not obsessing about my ex at the moment although we maintain friendly contact. I am inclined to obsess generally I must admit, maybe it is my Pluto in 12th or Neptune sqaure Mercury which does not make for the healthiest mind? I am indeed under the guidance of a therapist. In fact she was one of the people who opened up to me at my last session. She said she was strongly identifying with me. I'm not sure where that is going, whether it is a good thing or a bad thing.

It was interesting what you said about Saturn in the natal chart of an Aquarian showing their idea of utopia and Uranus showing the people they are devoted to. By the way, my ex's Saturn is in the sixth house and in fact we met at work. He has a pretty poor opinion of his work at the moment though and therefore many of the people there. His friends tend to be ones from his school days although he is close to his family too. But is this true of all star signs? For example as a Pisces does my Neptune position in 3rd house show what is important to me as a Pisces?

I take on board what you saying about his need to achieve his ideal and what he needed from a partner. It maybe that our views on life were too contradictory to work together or it maybe that we were too ignorant of the need to support each other in them.

Your analysis of the Mars conjunct Saturn is mainly accurate of me. I have been trying to compromise more in relationships and I think my view of them has become more realistic in the last few years. To be honest the art of compromise was not something my ex really understood either, I think we both wanted our own way. In my next reltionship I will try harder to value the opinions of the other person and not assume they should be the same as mine. I will try to understand them more.

On the other hand in my own defense I have to say my ex was not the easiest person in the world to be with and, due to events outside our relationship, was depressed most of the time. I dealt with that depression the best way I could which evidently was not effective enough. But it had a negative effect on me too which I am still trying to recover from. As a psychologist I am sure you know how hard it is to be with someone who is depressed. Especially when they refuse to seek any kind of help.

I will certainly endeavour to use your advice to me when I start up another relationship.

Best wishes

#9435 - 03/16/00 10:16 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Mermaid]
cobwebsoul Offline
Enthusiast

Spica Hey ho *hugglez*
If you manage to fix the planets then let me know... I'm in need of some sticky plasters on my aries moon *howls* hehe
It did take me a while to analyse what you wrote but I was truely astounded. So much so that I sent a copy to my ex but he didn't repond apart from a breezy 'r u ok?' *laughs* I'm not quite sure how he expects me ever to me ok in his aftermath! *laughs*...

I think the fact that you don't have the aid of mannerisms and visual cues makes it all the more impressive.. maybe they would even act as a hinderance.. who knows.. you don't know me, you've never seen me but you can hide inside my soul with a few dates and numbers *in awe* Astrology is an amazing thing...

My mother is an aquarian *winks* and I'm sure she has the details of my birth hidden beneath a mound of memories.. she's a very strong women but externally lacks any real sentiment or warm affection.. maybe she's bound by her duty as a mother (hiding her radical flares for fear of appearing 'improper') She's great *smiles* but I was a difficult birth and was (am) a difficult child...

As for the change of residence, I am staying in a student house from the 1st of july with four university friends... a lovely capricorn girl, a carzy finnish aquarian, a quiet aquarian boy and an obsessively tidy Virgo man (he can clean the toilet *grins*)
We are renting the house *sighs* and it's not all that nice (can you detect my lack of enthusiasm?!)

I haven't spoken (in person) to my ex for months now.. we began speaking again a while back but he betrayed my trust on two occasions and he should not have been given yet another 2nd chance for he has had far too many. I was with him on and off, although, he would usually break up with me... he would suddenyl go cold and I used to feel like I could have been lying dead next to him and he wouldn't have batted an eyelid!
I left him after he lied about seeing a female friend.. it was the final straw when he looked me in the eye and swore to me that he hadn't seen her and then threw me across the room when I challenged him about it. I don't think he was cheating on me, it was a matter of principle. I got together with him at the age of 15 and he was 4/5 years older than me... I didn't know what was rational at that age so adopted so many of his values for my own.. He was definitely psychologically disturbed in some way but his parents never really acknowledged it as they thought he was wonderful and accomodarted him, despite his behaviour.. He used to drain my self-esteem and make himself feel good again.. I think he loved me very much but that love drove him crazy. he tried to make me into what he wanted me to be and hated it when I had any kind of independence.. I was so intent on pleasing him that I used to change my lifestyle for him (I had never been in a relationship before so I didn't really know what was and wasn't acceptable).

I still wonder about him and what made him treat me the way he did... I concluded that it was just his own insecurities and paranoias eating their way through him. I was never untrustworthy but his accusations and bad treatment tended to draw me towards others when he cast me aside...
Even after I finished with him, we continued to *see* each other for ages but it was up and down.. I did some bad things and he did some very bad things and we finally ripped each other to shreds.. but even then he still looked at me and told me he loved me and for a second I melted *smiles* it was tragic.. but we couldn't walk away.

He was definitely more interesting than a rat but he actually had a lot of similaritites in nature *grins*... I wont forget him although some days I wish I'd never met him..

Oh.... I have rambled haven't it!! Sorry... I guess somewhere deep inside me, it still burns
Thankyou kindly for your wonderful insight
with love
cObWeBsOuL
xoxoxoxoxox

artifax....Leeny... I will be back soon I promise *has to go to the bank*!!!
I miss talking to you... *blows a kiss*
xoxoxoxoxox

#9436 - 03/17/00 07:51 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: cobwebsoul]
cobwebsoul Offline
Enthusiast

artifax... how are you?

I hope the exams went well? I have an exam next Monday and I wish I had the time to do more work for it but I seem to be constantly snowed under with essays and extra-curricular activities! I think I make work for myself..I agreed to take over and run the college nightline next year! *laughs* I probably shouldn't have but the service definitely needs help and I seem to have become something of a control freak lately!

I too am looking foward to a break...Pennsylvania sounds fantastic *smiles* I really should get round to travelling around America. I have been to Florida but I don't think that counts. (*bleugh*)... *chuckles*... it had to be said

Spring IS in the air and I love the transition.. although I sometimes wish that my moods wouldn't fluctuate so much with the weather! I have taken to sleeping with my curtains wide open so that I get woken up with a burst of sunlight... I thought it would do the trick but I am waking up really early as the mornings get lighter! (not too good with a hangover!)

How are things with you?.. write soon.. and I promise I will stop being a *silent angel* and make an effort to write back (especially to those who are not 'self-riteous potential romeos' *laughs*) take care of yourself
with love
cObWeBsOuL
xoxoxoxoxox

#9437 - 03/17/00 10:42 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: cobwebsoul]
kelly _fish Offline
New friend

Loc: London & Utah !!

#9438 - 03/17/00 12:15 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: kelly _fish]
cobwebsoul Offline
Enthusiast

*kisses kellyfish*
how are YOU?
I lost you somewhere in this long winding thread

#9439 - 03/17/00 04:59 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: cobwebsoul]
kelly _fish Offline
New friend

Loc: London & Utah !!

hey there cobwebsoul

coming home on thursday....my time in utah has come to an end...but guess what, i am alot stronger.....and wiser, next stop is New York....and then i'm going east...well amsterdam....have to go home and get a bit of direction....enjoy being single and independent....and find a job, i hear ya (bleugh) but i am still and always will be a student....learning is what life is about to me...and one day i will be a professional astrologer, in the meantime gotta pay bills ha ha, once a cappie always a cappie...speaking of cappies hows Ben or have a missed something

Good luck in you exams....remember its always a combination of all factors when it comes to psych and the research methods are always flawed *lol*

Love Kelly
(the eternal seagoat)

#9440 - 03/19/00 07:29 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: kelly _fish]
artifax Offline
Friend

Greetings Cobwebsoul

Luckily exams went well!! Much better than I thought they would! It's all about the professor asking the right questions (you know, the ones I know the answers to ) and thank goodness for me that they all did! It could have gone really bad...

So, what is this college nightline thing which you are so graciously taking over for the mere mortals who clearly cannot keep up with its demands??? Sounds like a talk line for lonely college co-eds HAHAHA!! I hope it's not now that I am making fun of it!

Ah, yes, Pennsylvania does sound nice ....except for the fact that I received a call from my friend today (whose car we were going to take) telling me that he doesn't know if he will have the money to go out there or not. He is talking about just postponing the trip but that would also shorten it since if we go when school is back in session we can only go for a weekend. "As long as we get to go", is what I say.

SoOooOo, you don't think Florida counts as the States, huh?? Wait 'til I tell my friend who lives there that you said that!! She might be on the first plane to Surrey to find you! Well, actually, since she's pregnant she might not, but she'll think about it!

So now it is your turn for exams...is this the end of your quarter/semester or just a midterm? If it is the end do you have any plans for your break?? I hope you do really well and then you can give yourself another one of those gold stars of which you are so fond Well write back when you have time...and please don't be such a "silent angel". We all you so very much here and enjoy your presence

Be well my friend....

Peace
~artifax~

#9441 - 03/20/00 10:05 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: artifax]
Concordia Offline
New friend

Hello all you wonderful beings!

Isn't this thread nice'n long?! I sort of gravitated towards it because of the title - I'm an Aquarian trying to let go of a Capricornian I loved and so the posts really interested me. By the way, it ended two years ago and I still feel badly - (so much for Aquarian detachment) and wish we could be friends (now that's more Aquarian-like!)

All your experiences and responses about Capricornian males have been interesting and enlightening. Spica, I would love to ask you a synastry question too, but know you've already given so generously of your time. Perhaps I could get in touch with you for a professional reading - I'm also resident in the same city.

Love to all,
Concordia

#9442 - 03/20/00 10:48 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Concordia]
artifax Offline
Friend

Hey Concordia

Welcome to the site

I just wanted to let you know that there is a policy about posting e-mail addresses and DEFINITELY phone numbers (if that's what that was) on the site. The policy is listed under the Website Suggestions forum if you want to look at it. It is considered to be much safer to e-mail our wise and gracious webmasters and ask them to forward a message to the recipient of your choice (here, Spica). If you wish to edit your post just click on the pencil and paper icon at the top of your post. Anyways, enjoy your time in Lindaland !!

Peace
~artifax~

#9443 - 03/21/00 03:32 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: artifax]
Veneo Offline

Archangel

Loc: Kentucky, USA
Spica,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about more detailed feedback about your synastry with Tom & I. I've been thinking about it & even though I've spilled so much out about my life & marriage on this site, some of it is more than I want to have posted where the whole world can read it. However, I would like to give you feedback & tell you what was really right on & what wasn't as I feel you're entitled to that & it may help with your research with past life indicators & such, so I'm going to tell Greg to send you my e-mail address so I can write to you if you'd like.

I don't know if you checked out that other
topic I told you about, but if you are really interested in contacting the lady who did my karmic chart, I give the information there.

Thanks for the compliment on the fact that Gemini risings ask all the right questions, and sorry it was so time consuming for you to answer them for me! What did you mean by it being my fault that people think you're stuffy? Because you didn't find Dave or Tom to be good for me?

I know you mentioned before in answering someone else what aspects/crossaspects to look for, but I'm wondering if I'll ever find a good match for me unless the guy is much older or younger than me due to Pluto aspects! Is it hopeless? Should I just give up now, or continue to work on myself & pray for my soul mate to come along? Do you have difficult crossaspects with your Leo hubby, and how long did it take you to find Mr. right? Did you check out everyone's chart you dated & said "No way...too many difficult aspects here, it will never work." or "Hum, this one looks like a possibility?" I've also read around here somewhere of people finding the person who is there soulmate or twinsoul & that there's no chemistry & they're more like best friends. I'm not sure, but I think it might be Moonglow who said this. It's all quite confusing!?!

Well...I've babbled on enough for now, as usual!!! I hope all is well for you!
Take care & here's to hoping hubby wisks you off for another weekend getaway soon!!!

------------------
Love and Light,
Kelly

rose INFINITE LOVE rose is the only truth and everything else is Illusion... wizard

#9444 - 03/20/00 08:48 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Virgo Gemini rising]
Concordia Offline
New friend

Thanks Artifax
Concordia

#9445 - 03/22/00 01:47 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Concordia]
Quiet_Goat Offline
New friend

Loc: California, USA
Hello everyone,
Hope you don't mind me dropping in on you all as well, but as a Capricorn myself I've been enjoying the insights I'm obtaining about myself through your discussions. Just another fellow along for the ride, and perhaps joining in if I can work up the courage *smiles*

#9446 - 03/23/00 12:22 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Quiet_Goat]
spica Offline
New friend

Loc: Canberra, Australia
TC, I have had a look at the synastry between you and your Fish. BTW, you reported his birth longitude as 64w which cannot be correct unless it was a small Atlantic island - I have taken it as 74w. This gives him an Ascendant of around 18 Gemini. You have been obsessing about him because your Pluto trines his Ascendant and his progressed Mars also at 18 Gemini. This is a powerful sexual attraction operating for some time previously and will last perhaps another six months.

Your Suns are quintile which is a friendly aspect but not very reliable. And your Moons are septile which means one of you will always be trying to fool the other in some way - it is not sincere. Your Mars is opposed to his Venus so you actually are more interested in him dominating him as a lover. His North Node is on your Mercury retrograde conjunct your Venus and Neptune so he is drawn to you hoping to find an ideal woman. His Moon is conjunct your Mars in Leo which is a passionate tie though it is rather too wide more of a passing attraction.

So this shows he is by far the more affectionate party in this relationship and you are very inclined to toy with his affections - very common in a Pisces/Scorpio (or in your case Pluto) relationship. To establish a love affair you two need a good crossaspect between your Pluto and his Moon which you have.

But in order to consolidate such a relationship his Mercury retrograde has to make a good aspect to your Sun which are in disassociate sextile suggesting that this relationship will not consolidate properly because he will change his mind when you do not live up to his expectations.

Apart from his progressed Mars now trining your Pluto and Ascendant, what is bringing about your current romantic interest in each other is his Progressed Moon which is now at 2 Leo and opposing his Venus in Aquarius showing he is attracted to an eccentric female. And his progressed Sun in 11 Aries trines your Mars in Leo meaning he is the apple of your eye for the moment. However, I have to point out how unstable Pluto aspects can be in synastry - apart from playing self-sabotaging psychological games Pluto is frequently in denial about its own feelings, always claiming it does not need the one it is most attracted to.

Your progressed Descendant is now conjunct Chiron which produces emotional upheavals and outbursts in close relationships. This influence has been in effect for about 12 months and will contine for a similar period. Chiron gives you the opportunity to reexamine your relationships and put them on a more honest, open basis. This business about your emotional outburst on your 4th date is something you should carefully examine. Most people would consider it is extremely rude to lead a guy on and let him think you are ready for sex only to put him off by an embarassing scene about how you cannot make up your mind. It only demonstrates what a nice guy this fellow really is - some guys would have walked out on you then and there and they would have had every right.

I strongly advise you not to mislead your prospective lover or you will be in for a nasty shock one day. This is part of a stupid and cruel game that Pluto dominated people play with Pisces and it is extremely immature and disrespectful behaviour. If you feel you have a problem in a relationship, have the courage to raise the problem and talk it out. Remember that your problems are your own and you are the one who has to straighten out what you want in a relationship and out of life. And if you do not know your own mind, you should be entirely on your own until you have a clear perspective. A Capricorn Sun is always wasting their time until they have formulated some goals in life and started working towards them - when the Sun is working right the life straightens out.

Your Progressed Moon currently at 27 Aries sextiles his Mercury ruling his romantic 5th house and his Saturn ruling his sexual 8th house and so the affair got underway in March but at the same time opposes his natal retrograde Uranus ruling his 10th house so you are running a great risk of having him terminate this affair.

If you can get it together, this relationship might last another 6 months. Pisces men are known for their sympathetic capacity and he can be very considerate and helpful to you because his Uranus is in excellent aspect to your Venus. He can offer you some valuable guidance and affectionate support - I advise you while he is prepared to do so not to abuse this priviledge!

Now it is my turn to apologise for taking so long to answer your original question a few weeks ago. As you've exercised great Capricornian patience, I will answer it in length.

So you do not think you are a Capricorn? Well, since your Mercury and Venus are not in Capricorn but rather Sagittarius you are not stereotypical of the sign being more of a chameleon as mutable Sagittarius is much influenced by the companions it chooses. But struggling to resolve the discrepancies in your personality is a Capricornian type thing. Capricorns need to understand how something works before they can accept it but having critical minds they are quick to notice discrepancies and if they cannot account for them it drives them nuts. I so admire Capricorns for that trait - it is the real spirit of science.

How are we to describe ourselves? In psychology this has been a great source of debate for many years. In philosophy it has been an argument even older than the ancient Greeks. Are we more fundamentally the same or are we more fundamentally different from each other? Thus the questions arise - in what ways are we similar and in what ways are we different? Popularly our common needs, especially obvious when we are younger, establish our similarities but generally we are more interested in what explains our differences, which become more apparent as we get older. Every culture has established typologies (usually very simple and limited) - some based on bodily type (mesomorph, ectomorph, endomorph) while others are based on temperament such as Eysenck's introvert/extrovert. And each typology implies a set of strengths and weaknesses which makes us inherently at least more suitable for some activities than others.

But does assigning a type (stereotyping) fully explain us as individuals? And the answer to that is a clear No! Every typology known (and there are dozens) only describes us in part. Yet nearly all agree that the use of types is the only satisfactory method of personality description as well as personality assessment (which implies complex comparisons with other types).

So how do we resolve this problem? We must have a workable model of personality structure first with an understanding of how each personality function within that model operates (its dynamics), and then we type where possible each function. This gives a complex set of personality interactions which more fully describe the personality. This might be considered a more professional approach to the problem but it is confusing to the general public who are not fully conversant with all these typology systems, the overall model used and its dynamics.

And we do the same thing in psychological astrology!

So, it is necessary to understand that all typology systems are merely relative without the knowledge of how the personality works as a system. Astrologers choose to use the Sun and the sign that it occupies at birth because the Sun is the most powerful body in the heavens and so its influence is easily detected in most cases (there are exceptions). It is also the most regular of the heavenly bodies in its cycle and the basis for the current calendar in use throughout the world so, except at the sign cusps, you can easily pick your sign.

But in popularising astrology using the Sun sign, people with a more critical mind but who are not so knowledgeable about astrology may get disillusioned with it when it does not account for all their attitudes and behaviours. It was never intended to - Sun sign is only a general guide.

Sun sign astrology is a very useful introduction to astrology because of the great power the Sun exercises in a natal chart. It is the centre of consciousness in man, that sense of being behind the ego in psychology and also known as the atmakharana in Theosophy. The natal Sun shows our drives and motives, how and what we strive for success in the world and also how we conduct or manage our relationships (making it very useful in simple synastry work such as Linda's Love Signs). It is less obvious but true that the Sun is what we are striving to become so it is part of our natural development for the Sun sign qualities to become stronger as we grow older being part of the individuation process that Jung identified. The power to assert yourself as an individual emanates from the Sun. But remember that as a woman the Sun is also the man in your life - when you are younger it probably reflects your father but later in life it may represent your husband.

Bet you never thought the Sun was so complicated, did you! But it is because of this flexibility that it is so useful as the basis of sign astrology.

But because we are very complex beings, astrology can not remain so simple as this and astrology helps map some of our dynamics. Humans have been commonly identified throughout the literature of the world for centuries as having four levels of self - physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Speaking very broadly, the Sun represents the spirit or Self (that sense of being in us), the Moon is your emotional self, the Ascendant shows your physical or bodily self, and the Ascendant ruler shows your mental self (which is the ego or the sense of "I" in psychology).

In other words, the Sun does not always express itself directly but has to filter through the various levels of self. When you are not consciously making a choice or making a real effort (the Sun), you are drawn to some people or some subjects or some activities because of a natural affinity and interest and this is shown by the Moon sign. So the Moon shows your natural preferences and reveals your habits (what you are normally preoccupied with and your largely unconscious reactionary behaviour) and what and where you feel most comfortable. Just as the Sun is future oriented, so the Moon is past oriented and what we learnt in our past, shown sometimes as our childish behaviour. In a woman the Moon also represents how she behaves as a woman when mixing with the opposite sex or how she behaves as a mother or a wife. But in a man's chart particularly if he is not in tune with his own emotions the Moon represents the woman in his life - in his earlier life it is his mother most likely and later it is probably his wife.

The Ascendant sign indicates how you view yourself in relation to the world that you must interact with as well as the expectations imposed on you by others who generally only judge you by your outward social behaviour and your appearance. It is also your preferred approach to problem-solving and how you cope with life generally can be assessed from this point. Your bodily health is also shown here in particular the amount of vitality you have available to you.

Astrology does not discount social and other influences on the shaping of our behaviour and attitudes. Man is essentially a social creature and the reason why it takes about 20 years to raise us to adult state is the need to integrate conflicting social roles and expectations. And what is it in us that does the integrating of our past tendencies and our future aims?

When you are giving consideration or deliberation to an issue or some matter or strategising your next move, this is shown by the planet ruling the Ascendant as well as the sign it occupies. Your self-esteem is estimated here because this planet shows the ego as defined in psychology. In fact this is the real you, the present self, what you most identify with as yourself. It shows what your priorities are in life and what is personally most important to you. It is what you most enjoy when relating to other people. And this planet shows how you resolve any conflicts in your personality.

So you can see that by the use of these four influences (called personal significators) alone and their various interactions we can type and characterise any person very exactly.

With your Sun is in Capricorn this relates to your motives and drives, you are basically a practical, down to earth person and you most want to shine in your social circle, you want to be a somebody, someone with status or authority. Until you achieve that goal you live with a certain sense of frustration and the uncertainty that you may never measure up. Capricorns fear failure more than anything else. You will never get your life into order until you set and pursue goals in your life for the Goat is the most goal-oriented of all the signs. And their happiness rests in the scaling of mountain peaks and the harder the climb the more pleased they end up being with themselves for it is the sign of the self-made man. Capricorns prefer a business like, matter of fact approach in most areas of their lives but do not think that Sun in Capricorn lacks sentiment which they generally bury beneath a crusty exterior.

But with the Moon in Cancer and the Ascendant in Libra this types you more specifically. The Moon in Cancer makes you quite an emotional and sensitive person who loves home and domesticity but because it is elevated you seek to be popular with people generally. Libra rising indicates one who is very other-oriented, you care very much what other people think of you and you really want to please them and have people think well of you.

In fact this combination of the Moon and the Ascendant makes you a bit of sponge when it comes to mixing with people and you may have trouble at times sorting out your own views and opinions from the expectations and attitudes of others that are close to you, particularly your parents and family members. You are basically sociable, outgoing and congenial but hypersensitive about what other people think of you and the fear of getting hurt means that you erect barriers to reduce your vulnerability. When you get over-protective of yourself you easily succumb to shyness, self-consciousness and somewhat morbid introspection. You long to be needed and are very romantically inclined even in the old fashioned sense of being very sentimental. In romance you tend to exaggerate the better characteristics of your lovers and overlook the less attractive traits so you will need to be more realistic in this area.

While it is true that Capricorn is very guarded about their emotions and sentiments and sometimes appear cold and austere to others, this actually very much depends on your Moon. In your case the Moon is the highest planet in your chart and the Sun is the lowest, therefore instead of hiding your emotions which would be your normal preference, you tend to wear them on your sleeve at times and you let them dominate you - indeed, your feelings have a tendency to run away from you at times.

So, the fact that you were born at the Full Moon AND that it is the most elevated influence in the chart means that the Moon sign dominates your inner life and not the Sun sign. You also put great importance on relationships and it is here that you will have most of your problems, in particular, separations from friends and family. As the opposition of your Sun and Moon are in the 3rd and 9th houses respectively, then you are inclined to be in two minds about things and in conflict as which way to proceed on most matters, leaving you dithering with half-hearted efforts and involvements.

It is also common that people born at the time of the Full Moon will have to make an important, lifestyle changing decision usually around the age of 30. But in the second half of your life you will become develop more Capricornian traits, in particular, an ambition of some sort and you will probably seek to become more accomplished and cultured.

Your Ascendant is your adapting mechanism throughout life. As you grow older you normally learn to use the better principles shown by the sign on the Ascendant to guide your actions. It is your preferred way of problem solving. But in our youth (up to about 28) we tend to be distracted by the people and matters represented by the sign on the Ascendant. With Libra here you will tend to experiment and explore partnerships, intimate relationships and probably public relations and business dealing with the public.

But a planet in a house acts first before the sign of the house - though the sign is a longer-term effect. And this is the root of your current problems. With Pluto here in your 1st house you do not show the Libran concern for others right away, you act out your Pluto impulse to be remote and somewhat taciturn with strangers (Pluto with North Node is inclined to be rather exclusive and puts on an exterior of disdain even snobbery) and do what you want to do. Pluto in the 1st house appears to be aloof and superior to others even disdainful though in fact they may in fact be a churning, anxious mess inside. Pluto rising admittedly is looking for getting the upper hand in any encounter and out to master any situation to your advantage - hence this "selfishness" you refer to. And it is in direct contrast to the Libran impulse to share and give the benefit of the doubt. So Pluto here is the selfish impulse that you first experience and later your Libran Ascendant you reconsider your actions and try to be more considerate.

A planet in the 1st house often acts like a shield and the closer it is to the Ascendant the more the person is inclined to present to the world a false face (called a persona in Jungian psychology) to hide its true intentions. In your case Pluto is quite overpowering and will never admit how it really feels - the more intense your emotions the more Pluto straight out denies them, not only to others but to yourself. The Libran Ascendant loves people and people matching but Pluto perversely takes the completely opposite tact and says it hates people and distances itself from them. Instead of sharing sincerely with someone, you try to manipulate them and get the upper hand so you can dominate or mislead them. This is your way with dealing with your emotional sensitivity by refusing to allow yourself to become vulnerable - and it does not work! Instead of being an asset, the Cancer Moon remains undeveloped at the infant level and cannot control or balance your emotions, letting them overwhelm you. While you let Pluto run your life by following its underhanded approach, you will be a stranger to yourself and others for Pluto will never allow you intimacy with others or peace of mind in yourself.

The real function of a rising planet is to provide a means to the end sought by the rising sign. Properly utilised, your rising Pluto in Libra should be the iron butterfly - someone who can relate to other people at their level and draw them out but remains calm, balanced, emotionally detached, and with a strategic understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of all the viewpoints on any issue. Just like a politician (no insult intended!) who listens to all sides and encourages debate but knows which path must be followed to satisfy the majority.

Otherwise, Pluto, which too often goes to extremes, throws your Libran Ascendant off balance. So to succeed in life you must take the Libran approach in all matters - learn to compromise with people by meeting them halfway, refrain from imposing extreme points of view or demands but try to find a happy medium, keep your equanamity and never let your heart rule your head (except perhaps in recreational moments) and work hard to see both sides of any matter or argument and so come to a balanced decision. Be just to everyone you deal with and give them the benefit of the doubt, even if it means taking a slight risk. A positive-sign Ascendant like Libra should be an active mixer in social situations. People are hoping you will be the one to break the ice providing you restrain your rising Pluto from imposing a particular viewpoint. Everyone you deal with deserves a smile and sharing common pleasantries, not just an exclusive few. Try not to monopolise one particular person's attention but try to divide your attention equally - spread yourself around and this will gives others some necessary breathing space.

Venus, your Ascendant ruler in Sagittarius in the 3rd house and conjunct retrograde Mercury shows that as a person you are basically a philosopher who loves poetry. Cadent and mutable by house and sign, you have a strong tendency to fritter your life away on trivialities and minor distractions. This combination takes no responsibility in their relationships but are constantly busy with things that do not really matter and distract themselves with endless chatter about nothing of any consequence. In Sagittarius you long for your personal freedom but do not know what to do with it when you get it. Life becomes a series of "if only's" and wishful thinking and you are always ending up in situations that you never planned or intended because of carelessness and neglect.

You aim low so you never achieve anything worthwhile. With a retrograde Mercury here, you have no qualifications or they are incomplete and conjunct your Sun you are always taking the easy way out by seeking excuses. If you want to move into managerial jobs or have others give you credit for what you can do, you need to support your claims with a qualification. So sit down and list what you want out of life in the next 10 years, where you want to be and what differences you want to see in yourself. This is called goal-setting. Then work out how you are to achieve each one of these goals - this is called strategic management. Get professional advice on how each might be achieved like vocational guidance, money management, etc. Then work out a timetable - this is scheduling. You will find spending time on these activities will be far more worthwhile than the many distractions you are frittering your energy away on now.

To be well-adjusted, you have to know your strengths and weaknesses, be able to deal with external threats and able to take advantage of opportunities for growth or advancement. Very generally, your strengths are shown by the Sun, your weaknesses by your Moon, the ability to interact with your environment competently and dealing with external threats is shown by the Ascendant, and your ability to create opportunities in your life is shown by your Ascendant ruler.

So once you understand your basic psychology, you can start to learn to make peace with yourself and the world.

Remember that it is the Ascendant ruler, your Venus in Sagittarius that can learn to use its cleverness to resolve internal conflicting impulses. So instead of letting the house position of Venus dominate you, use the sign influence first. Venus in Sagittarius, when negatively inclined, is given to many love interests and always intending to be loyal. You are always falling in love with things and people that are unobtainable for some reason and becoming attached to people who actually have little regard for you. Until you learn to always take the broader perspective, keep an open mind and especially find out the reason why behind everything, your life is in danger of revolving in a rut. Socalise in a wide circle of friends, particularly those of a different race, country or creed, and spend time meeting strangers and making them feel comfortable. Since you enjoy poetry, pursue it and learn a foreign language while you are at it. If you want to work in the business world you will particularly need to study commercial law in a business course. You can excel when you pursue a knowledge of foreign cultures, their arts and handicrafts. Develop your interests in foreign countries and different cultures, different religions and philosophies and how they compare and you will develop as a more balanced and interesting person.

You can better manage any life only if you are willing to rise above childish attitudes. It is the myth of modern civilisation that happiness as the secret to life, the universe and everything, exists "out there". Even children understand that happiness is a state of being which logically cannot be found outside of yourself. When your psyche is working in a balanced fashion it generates a harmony which is happiness. Otherwise, people who cannot accept themselves or others as they are always have their psychological functions distorted and out of balance and compensate with neurotic defence mechanisms.

But the psyche has its own natural repair cycle which rests on self-acceptance and tolerance. If it can be stimulated, then the life straightens out and happiness is restored - Eastern philosophy holds many valuable psychological keys. There are no magical solutions but following these steps will enrich your lifestyle: -
1. Goal setting with the sign activities of the Sun giving a purpose in life
2. Enrich your life by the sign activities of the Ascendant ruler
3. Treating others better by behaving according to the positive features of the sign on the Ascendant
4. Relaxation activities based on the Moon sign and its aspects
5. Dedication to particular hobby is shown by a 1st house occupant

So let astrology be your guide.

Spica

#9447 - 03/23/00 12:25 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: spica]
spica Offline
New friend

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi LeeNy

I have answered your question as best I can under the Connected Aspects thread in Ask the Astrologer as it was not really Capricorn or Saturn related.

Spica

#9448 - 03/23/00 06:26 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: spica]
Triple Cardinal Offline
Old hand

Loc: New Brunswick
Dear Spica!!!

Oh my goodness!!! That was the most incredible thing I have ever read-- Unbelieavably accurate-- I do waste almost all of my time on frivolities, I have the hardest time setting goals & I am always & forever trying to pretend I don't have any feelings when I am overbursting with emotion inside-- I have to print that off & ponder it deeply-- probably some of the best advice I've ever gotten---

How can I ever thank you enough or tell you how much I appreciate it--- The way you brought together all my different characteristics--- unreal--- Oh, and BTW, I have been trying to be way more considerate of others-- even attempoted opening up-- & things seem to be going well with the Fish, who seems to have forgiven me my outbursts & even thinks they're mildly humorous-- even if it only lasts six months, I don't believe I've ever had quite this much fun with a male, although I see him only very rarely, maybe once a week at best-- maybe we are just meant to be friends, we do talk an awful, awful lot-- but there is that powerful chemistry too--- but if astrology says its a no go only meant to last six months, better not get too attached, or can astrology misjudge these things too?

We'll see I suppose--

Thanks again, Spica-- I'm off to make a list of goals---

Blessed be,
Love Jennifer

#9449 - 03/23/00 07:06 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Triple Cardinal]
proxymoon Offline
Archangel

Loc: Portland,OR,USA
Hi Spica,

Your indepth presentations are very much appreciated. I have leaned a lot from them and they have helped tie the present with the past. I am beginning to understand what happened to me in the first 40 years of this life. I was sonehow naturally applying some of those points because my intuition said to do something and logic slowly pointed that way. I have a question(s). Does this change (to become our Sun), affect our desires of our 1st house and the emotions of our moon? Is the reality (for a Cap) to "go back to work" and forget about drugs, sex and rock-and roll or what ever these pesky planets want? I think you can get may meaning from this.?!

thank for the session Doc,
Darwin

#9450 - 03/24/00 02:26 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: proxymoon]
Quiet_Goat Offline
New friend

Loc: California, USA
Hmmm, first I'll give you all a bit of info about myself, as I said before I am a Capricorn, with my ascendent in Taurus and moon in leo. If you want to know anything more my birthdate is 1/10/82, at 12:37 in Spokane, Washington (117w26, 47n40). Pretty soon I'll be hitting college and though I'm fairly goal oriented I was wondering about something. I have found it hard to make and hold friends in my, thus far, rather short life. I know a lot of people who might be perfectly willing to be so, but it seems I just can not move myself into a position to join whatever groups they generally involve themselves in, leaving me often on my own.
I was just wondering if this is one of the parts of my astrological description, and if so, does it just take strength of will to overcome this intense shyness? Any and all advice would be appreciated. Hope I don't actually sound like the utter dolt I think I am making myself out to be...*smiles* *hides*

Thanks all, if only for putting up with this fool

#9451 - 03/24/00 06:34 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: Quiet_Goat]
proxymoon Offline
Archangel

Loc: Portland,OR,USA
Hi QuiteGoat,

I've heard lots of advice over the years about this, that, and the other thing.
It's always ends with and "If it doesn't work out go talk to your friends about it, or go out with your friends and relax and have a good time." As a Cap we can handle anything so we forget to make friends. In the early years our head is "In the sand" of our careers.
Here are some things that you may have heard already;

To have friends, you must be friendly. Smile.
Don't worry about what others think of you until after you've given them a reason to think of you.
There are no rules except those you make up for yourself and others.
The person with the most toys dies alone.

Starting to get the idea.

Here is what I've learned of late,

Make that call!
Fear of what if's may make you feel safer but what if your wrong. And if you are right...as my dad always said, "They can't eat you and you hardly ever find anyone that wants to."

I was just talking to my friend about the lost art of thank you notes, or just because type action amoung men. We were thinking it would be a good way to make contact without strings or worries. But one thing for sure, no contact, no friends. So to repeat myself,

Make the call!

You've got lots of years to practice so you can afford lots of goofs, foot in mouth, dumbs silent looks, blank mind responses. Nobody cares about bad stuff from yesterday, there will be plenty today.
My almost son in law tells the story of when he met my daughter. He tried to talk to her and gobbly guk and spit came out with a gruting sound. She walked away of course. But she never forgot him. She knew who he was the next time he tried to talk to her.

#9452 - 03/24/00 10:16 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: proxymoon]
cobwebsoul Offline
Enthusiast

*tuts* following me again? What have I told you about this *grins*

In India, they find it offensive to say thankyou between friends... I like that

#9453 - 03/24/00 10:22 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: cobwebsoul]
cobwebsoul Offline
Enthusiast

Kellyfish, how are you? Still shining I hope *smiles*
was Utah all you dreamed it would be?..
I'm still stuck here in this surrey-sunshine and I have only just finished all my coursework... I leave for home tommorow and then I have five weeks of solid revision.. *sighs*
*shakes her head* likes to learn but doesn't want to write about it!
Have a 'coffee' for me in amsterdam and have a safe journey
Ben is fine, I haven't seen him a whole lot recently.. but I will now see him all holiday so we'll probably get sick of each other *laughs*
Anway, I'm off to pack up my room!
Take Care
with love
cObWeBsOuL
xoxoxoxox

#9454 - 03/24/00 10:28 AM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: cobwebsoul]
cobwebsoul Offline
Enthusiast

artifax hey ho *huggles*

I'm glad your exams went well do you fancy doing mine for me aswell? I am NOT looking foward to them... yes, I'm sure I'll be fine, I just feel like a rest! I guess I have Egypt for that *yay* I can't wait

The college nightline is basically a counselling service run by students for students *laughs* but we don't get a lot of calls (apart from prank ones from sickos!) but I'm planning to change that. I keep thinking that maybe I shouldn't have taken it on but it's a good thing... I'll just have to find the time!

Have you heard anything more about your trip? If you can't go, maybe you should just pop over to London for a pint or two hehe

Anyway, I have to go... *would love to stay all day*
take care and write soon... I'll be back
with love
cObWeBsOuL
xoxoxoxoxox

#9455 - 03/24/00 12:15 PM Re: Capricorn solitude [Re: cobwebsoul]
artifax Offline
Friend

Hey Hey Cobwebsoul

Unfortunately, the trip was a no-go... But it's okay. We are talking about taking a weekend trip up there sometime soon but we'll see. I also have a friend in Florida who is about to have a baby so I should probably visit her soon after. Plus my friends in California have been bugging me to come out there....I just don't know where I will find the money for it all. At least it's fun to try to plan for all these things....I figure at least one of them will work out

Egypt should be fun!! You'll have to let me know how it was when you get back. Enjoy your break!!

Keep shining

Peace
~artifax~

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  SolaneStar, Venus 
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
smily, Danny, carolmarie, Astro_yatra, rosewrites
3942 Registered Users
Top Posters
dgwalters 7870
tinkerbell 7021
WriteOn 6620
Gregory 6619
Aries 6397
Rainbow 5718
Morning Storm 5314
searching 4616
EagleOverTheSea 4266
Terri 3571

Forums copyright © 1999-2014 by Gregory Ellison and Mary Barron, website copyright © 2002-2014 by Gregory Ellison and Mary Barron, all rights reserved.