by Anindita Basu
We often greet our loved ones this season with sentiments like May all the days before you be filled with love, laughter and happiness. Just the other day, while I was signing off another New Year card, something queer struck me about the word before. It signifies all that has happened earlier, the things in the past, the Before. It equally stands for that which is in front of us, that which is yet to happen, that other Before. In fact, it may as well have been another word for Janus, the Roman god famous in myths for being two-headed, and for whom the month of January is named.
January is the month when we are at the crossroads of time, looking fore and aft. Looking back to the bleak days of winter and looking forth for the first robin of spring. This, then, is the time when we greet each other with wisdom for wisdom springs from such bi-directional gaze, from knowing that what has gone before still lies before us, that everything is here for the taking and all that we need to do is to see. Wishing you all a very happy gazing time. A very happy new year.
And continuing with our white light and prayer requests this month:
* White light and love for... *
- The souls of the victims of the Asian earthquake and the resulting tsunami that wiped out whole communities all the way across the Indian Ocean up to Africa. Prayers for the survivors who now face the challenges of finding and mourning loved ones, surviving epidemics and rebuilding their communities from scratch! If you want to contribute more than prayers, or are one of those still searching for missing near and dear, you may find detailed information at this blog: The South East Asia Earthquake And Tsunami Blog. You can also help by passing along this link to others and taking up posting duties if you are a blogger. Please contact the bloggers at SEA-EAT for details.
- The survival of our Conscious Evolution community and its Community Co-op, despite the passing of its much-missed founder, Gregory Ellison.
- Searching as she recovers from a wrist surgery after a skating accident.
- Woodchiro, who is recovering from a nasty liver infection.
- Lilicfairy, for her new home.
- WriteOn, for health and energy, especially now that she has taken on the task of webmaster.
- Bluedove and her little dove, Brody Evyn. Brody has a heart murmur caused by a hole in his heart, which could close up on its own.
- Firesongs daughter Danielle, who is battling high anxiety and depression along with a financial crisis after she and her husband, Richard, both lost their jobs and were uprooted cross-country just before the birth of their daughter, Marina.
- Veneos mother, Lois, and cousin, Debbie, who both have cancer.
- Woodchiros mother, Diane, who is facing health concerns.
- Searchings friends niece, Danielle, who finally awakened from the
coma she was in following a serious car accident. While she was still in the
coma, her second child was born via Caesarean section. Danielle is undergoing therapy
in her efforts to return to a normal life.
- Amykins cousin, James, still unresponsive after a severe
- Moonflower, for health concerns.
- Terri Schindler Shiavo, the brain-injured woman in Florida whose birth family fights for her life while her husband tries to have the tube through which she receives life-sustaining nourishment and hydration removed.
Thanks for reading our newsletter. If you have any questions, concerns, comments, white light requests, or updates, please e-mail us at email@example.com.