by Anindita Basu
When Greg passed away last November, without warning, this website almost died with him. For starters, money had to be found to pay the monthly server fees. It soon became obvious, however, that Greg had left behind an army of people who believed in his concept of Conscious Evolution, people who donated freely and willingly to keep this site alive. For the past six months, this website has survived on the generous donations of such large-hearted people, who have given their money, time, skills and resources. A $10 money order here and a broadband connection there have kept this website afloat. Conscious Community thanks you all.
And then, there was this lady who hardly slept. The lady, who manages a home and family, teaches dance part-time and brings out her town newsletter, among other things, dedicated all her non-existent free hours to battle for the survival of this website. Figuring out technical aspects that one never knew even existed, dealing with thoroughly unsupportive Support Staff of web-hosting companies, and more. And all this, while never being sure where the next installment of the server fees is going to come from, or whether, in the next instant, the website is going to vanish into thin air, bringing all the work to naught. Not to speak of keeping most of the worries to herself and grinning and putting out a smiling face on the discussion board. Conscious Community salutes Maria, the webmaster, who works like a true warrior without expecting the fruits of ones labour.
For they, while the others slept
Were toiling upwards in the night
* White light and love for... *
- The soul of Veneos mother, Lois, who passed away from cancer.
- The soul of Terri Schindler Schiavo, the brain-injured woman in Florida whose birth family had been fighting for her life while her husband tried to have the tube through which she received life-sustaining nourishment and hydration removed. Her husband won this long battle and Terri passed away after 13 days of starvation. May she finally be at peace!
- Iraqs courageous people, to gain the right to manage their country through the democratic process.
- The survivors of the various earthquakes and the tsunami that have hit the Earth in recent months.
- Bluedove, whos fighting an infection and other problems.
- The survival of our Conscious Evolution community and its Community Co-op, despite the passing of its much-missed founder, Gregory Ellison.
- Lilicfairy, for her new home.
- WriteOn, for health and energy, especially now that she has taken on the task of webmaster.
- Firesongs daughter Danielle, who is battling high anxiety and depression along with a financial crisis after she and her husband, Richard, both lost their jobs and were uprooted cross-country just before the birth of their daughter, Marina.
- Veneos cousin, Debbie, who has cancer.
- Woodchiros mother, Diane, who is facing health concerns.
- Searchings friends niece, Danielle, who finally awakened from the coma she was in following a serious car accident. While she was still in the coma, her second child was born via Caesarean section. Danielle is undergoing therapy in her efforts to return to a normal life.
- Amykins cousin, James, still unresponsive after a severe automobile accident.
- Moonflower, for health concerns.
Thanks for reading our newsletter. If you have any questions, concerns, comments, white light requests, or updates, please e-mail us at email@example.com.